After a very successful eleven years Al Gunn is moving on from his position as Sales Director at Boost Drinks, to look for new challenges that will enable a better work life balance. Al has been with Boost since June 2010 and in his time, he has been a key driving force in the company growth. Among his key achievements Al has:
- Established an internal sales infrastructure that evolved from an agent based model, and installed ways of working that have transformed the way Boost do business.
- Led the unlocking of significant growth in the GB wholesale cash and carry sector.
- Been instrumental in leading the business growth within the Island of Ireland and helping Boost obtain status as the No.1 energy brand in the convenience channel in Northern Ireland
- Successfully led numerous successful key account negotiations with customers and executed highly effective joint business plans in an ever-changing wholesale landscape.
- Most recently he has been the Boost senior team lead on initiating a growth strategy into new and alternative channels.
- Been a highly visible, recognised, and respected industry figure to peers and customers throughout the wholesale sector, and a committed Boost brand ambassador.
Al has been a passionate advocate of the business and as a member of the Leadership Team, he has been the voice of sales around the executive table. His extensive industry knowledge and keen sales and commercial skills have been key in achieving Boost’s current market position and our strong reputation in the industry.
Al is possibly the most passionate person you could ever had the pleasure to meet. His enthusiasm for life, boundless energy and great sense of humour help him through both the good times and the bad, and his heart of gold is infamous. Al will be the first to reach out to colleagues in need, offering his support both professionally and personally.
As for many people, the challenges and opportunities of the last year have led Al to review his lifestyle and his work life balance, and as Boost is thriving with an assertive growth agenda, he felt it was the right time to hand over the baton, and seek new and different challenges preferably with a shorter working week and a smaller commute than Brighton to Leeds!
Simon Gray CEO says “Al and his big heart will be missed enormously. I would like to take a moment to personally thank Al for his commitment, passion, relentless energy, friendship, support and invaluable contribution over the last 11 years. Whatever Al decides to do next; I know his 40 years plus experience in sales and in the Wholesale industry will make a hugely positive contribution to any other company he joins.
On behalf of everyone at Boost Drinks we wish Al every success in the future and look forward to bumping into him within the industry very soon.
Independent retailers are in need of support now more than ever and it is great to see that Boost is rewarding their bravery, dedication and selflessness during Covid-19
Stuart Reddish - NFRN National President