Work For Us - Sales Director
Boost Drinks started with one entrepreneur, a small office with no windows, two phones and a team of mice to keep us on our toes. Fast forward 20 years and we are an award-winning SME with a well-known brand being sold in over ten countries!
After two decades of successful growth, we are looking for a new Sales Director to join our leadership team. We are looking for a skilled, experienced, emotionally intelligent leader, who can positively challenge our status quo and take things to the next level.
We don’t want just anyone. We want a unique, experienced, passionate individual with bags of personality. We want you to wow us! You are a leader, a relationship-builder, a collaborator, a strategic-thinker, and you positively energise everyone you come into contact with. Quality sales data makes you swoon, and you know how to translate it into rewarding tactics.
You have the ability to shake things up while nurturing the team. You thrive leading change and have the experience to positively challenge and push us to be the best Boost we can be. You have the wholesale sector and channel knowledge to enable us to pursue unchartered territory, and because you are an established player in the industry, you have the gravitas and relationships to help us get to the next level. You have that je ne sais quoi: Personality, passion, openness, kindness, curiosity, self-awareness and spark. You are a unique human-being, and we’d be bonkers not to bring you on board!
We are looking for a Sales Director who is:
- A strong leader. You will be the voice of sales at the highest level within Boost and you work well as part of a leadership team; you can bring great value to that team.
- A sales strategy genius. You can take our business objectives and create an exciting and effective sales strategy that will ensure we ace our goals.
- A people-person. You understand that the team is everything and get a buzz from leading; you can motivate, manage and develop a team with your eyes closed.
- A collaborator. Yes, you are a genius, but you know that you’re even better when you work closely with Marketing and Operations to fully understand the business and maximise potential.
- FMCG/wholesale au fait. You already know our market position because of your experience, and you’re ready to walk through the door with ideas for how we can grow our sales.
- Savvy about current legislative, environmental, tax awareness topics and trends
- Able to be open-minded and agile in a rapidly changing marketplace.
You will be responsible for:
- Setting and leading the sales strategy for the UK business
- Owning and delivering the sales numbers – aligned with the sales strategy
- Championing sales across the business and being the voice of sales around the leadership table
- Leading the implementation charge on any channel strategy evolution
- Champion the approach to new business development
- Being a brand ambassador for Boost: championing Boost at strategic conferences, trade fairs and networking events and managing key external stakeholder relationships
- Ensuring that we have a modern fit-for-future sales team with a structure that ensures success
- Managing the sales function, including setting KPIs, developing the team and implementing effective ways of working etc
- Embracing and driving the use of data effectively to drive business decisions
- Championing interdepartmental collaboration
- Ensuring that Boost has the right relationships with the right people across the industry
- Owning senior levels relationships with customers, partners etc
- Making recommendations / plans for new business opportunities/ channels/ partnerships
We are open to candidates with varying experience for this role. You may have vast experience in Wholesale & C&C. You might have broader experience in multiple channels. You might come from a drinks or energy background, you might not, but your experience means you can nail this role. Details for how to apply are below, but what we will be looking for is they ‘why’. Why are you the best person for our role? Please tell us that in your cover letter.
Boost is a privately-owned company based outside Leeds at Thorpe Park, this is a full-time permanent role that reports into the CEO, Simon. There’s a good remuneration package that comes along with the role. You get to work in a vibrant and engaged team, within a dynamic business that’s growing. We will be moving to a smart working model soon, so you will be based at home, at our Leeds office and wherever else you need to be to deliver on your goals (no not Hawaii, but nice try!)
If this sounds like your next role, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
This role will be open until end of day 5th October.
We are not using recruiters for this role so no unsolicited approaches please!