Is our responsibility...
Our website is run by Boost Drinks Ltd.
If you have comments or questions, please just drop us a line at:
email@example.com or Boost Drinks Ltd, 1270 Century Way, Thorpe Park, Leeds, LS15 8ZB.
Here’s some detail on privacy and how we’ll process your personal information. We know, it’s not the most exciting read but your privacy is important to us, so feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions!
Boost Drinks is committed to protecting your personal information when you use our website, apps, or take part in our promotions or contact us with enquiries.
- Social media, or official Boost content on other websites;
- Mobile device applications;
- Any official Boost email address or
- Our contact us page
In order to optimise providing you these services and to facilitate of our marketing, we collect specific information about you.
- What information Boost Drinks may collect about you;
- How Boost Drinks will use information we collect about you;
- When Boost may use your details to contact you;
- Whether Boost will disclose your details to anyone else;
- Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
We use all personal information that you provide to us or that we collect from you in accordance with applicable laws, including those concerning the protection of personal information such as the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
Who are Boost Drinks?
Boost Drinks is an independent functional drinks business, offering a range of products across Energy, Isotonic Sport and Protein milk based drink products that are enjoyed by consumers across the UK and ROI as well as a growing number of countries around the world. For more information on Boost please go to www.boostdrinks.com.
What information may Boost collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of Boost’s services, activities or online content (including on social media), such as newsletters, promotions, web and or votes, we may receive personal information about you. This may include your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, gender or date of birth, as well as information collected about your use of Boost products, such as what you read, watched or did on our websites or social media channels or when using any other services.
Some of our services enable you to sign-in via a third party service, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. If you choose to sign-in via a third party service, you will be presented with a dialog box which will ask your permission to allow Boost Drinks to access your personal information (e.g. your full name, date of birth, email address and any other information you have made publicly accessible on the third party site).
How will Boost Drinks use the information it collects about me?
Boost Drinks will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- the provision of our activities or online content, or communicating information about them (e.g. relating to upcoming promotions or new product launches) or dealing with your requests and enquiries;
- that Boost may contact you for reasons related to activity or online content you have signed up for (e.g. advising you about a promotion that you have participated in, or notifying you that an activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance or updating our Privacy and Cookies Policy);
- customising the content that you see on our sites, and the advertising that you see on our site and services;
- working with third parties to show you relevant advertising on that third party site;
- using IP addresses to identify the location of users, blocking any disruptive use, establishing the number of visits from different countries, tailoring the content of our sites based on browsing behaviours, and determining which country you are accessing the services from;
- analysis and research so that we may improve the services offered by Boost Drinks;
Where Boost Drinks proposes we use your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first and/or request your approval.
Boost collects and uses your personal information for the purposes described above, because we have an interest to do so but is not overridden by your right to have your personal information protected.
You do not have to provide Boost with any of the personal information described above, but if you choose to take this option, you could miss out on some great offers and competitions in the future.
When could Boost Drinks contact me?
Boost may contact you:
- In relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Boost products
- About any contribution or question you have submitted to Boost, e.g. on the Boost’s social media sites, via text, voicemail message or via the contact us form;
- To update you on any material changes to Boost’s policies and practices; and
- For marketing purposes, provided you have given us your consent.
- If you are visiting our website or a microsite, it will provide detailed information about how Boost will contact you in relation to specific services, activities or online content.
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Boost will only send you marketing emails, notifications or contact you for marketing purposes if you have agreed to this. You can change your mind at any time by clicking on or selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ option in our marketing communication or using the contact details below.
Will Boost share my personal information with anyone else?
Boost may from time to time share your data with external organisations or disclose your personal information to other third parties for any of the purposes listed above only. Examples of these relevant third parties include those who perform services on our behalf, such as web hosting providers, marketing partners, media and fulfilment partners, and website analytics providers.
When we disclose your personal information to these third parties, we ensure that these service providers use personal information only in accordance with our instructions, and we will not authorise them to use personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf.
Boost may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- (i) where it is required to do so by law,
- (ii) for the purposes of, or in connection with, any legal proceedings, or otherwise for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending its legal rights,
- (iii) who are law enforcement authorities or other government agencies who have issued a lawful disclosure request for the personal information,
- (iv) where we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual criminal activity, or
- (v) if we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including through a merger, reorganisation, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
Offensive or inappropriate content posted on Boost Drinks website or social media
If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to Boost social or websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour, Boost Drinks may use your personal information to stop such behaviour or to inform law enforcement agencies.
What if I am a user aged under 16?
There are no legal age restrictions on the consumption of our drinks. We do not however recommend that children under 16 drink Boost Energy nor provide any personal information to Boost Drinks. We do place tight controls on advertising and access to social media information to under 16’s across all our channels.
How long will Boost keep my personal information?
If you provide your personal information to enter into a promotion, we will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary for the administration of that promotion. If you sign up for our email newsletters / marketing communications, we will keep your personal information until you request that your information is deleted.
For further information about deleting your personal information held by Boost Drinks, please see below.
Can I see or delete the personal information Boost Drinks holds about me?
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information and to correct anything that’s inaccurate. We will always do our best to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. Please send any requests and questions about this or any other issue connected to this Privacy and Cookies Policy via our contact page.
You can find general information about data protection at the Information Commissioner’s website: www.ico.org.uk